DSpace Fukushima Medical University

福島県立医科大学学術成果リポジトリ = Fukushima Medical University Repository >
福島医学会 = The Fukushima Society of Medical Science >
Fukushima Journal of Medical Science >
Vol.53 (2007) >

Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://ir.fmu.ac.jp/dspace/handle/123456789/215

Files in This Item:

File Description SizeFormat
FksmJMedSci_53_p109.pdf1.01 MBAdobe PDFDownload
Title: Multiple and incidentally found cancers detected by 18F-FDG positron emission tomography/CT at one examination
Other Titles: Double cancer detected by PET/CT
Authors: Takekawa, Shoichi
Kodaira, Yasunaga
Baba, Maiko
Igarashi, Yasuhiro
Konno, Akiyoshi
Teranishi, Yasushi
Nakazawa, Toshihiro
Sakuma, Hideo
Watanabe, Kazuo
Miyazaki, Makoto
Shishido, Fumio
Affiliation: 放射線医学講座
Source title: Fukushima Journal of Medical Science
Volume: 53
Issue: 2
Start page: 109
End page: 118
Issue Date: Dec-2007
Abstract: During the initial 8 months period of 18F-FDG PET/CT examination in our institution eleven cases of double cancers were detected. Eight cases were simultaneous second cancers and 3 cases are consecutive cancers. All cases are clinical ones and were referred from both outside hospitals and our own hospital. 18F-FDG PET/CT examination were utilized either to determine the extent of tumor or to stage the cancer or to detect recurrent tumors during the follow-up period. During the 8-months period 964 cases were studied. Therefore, the detection rates of simultaneous and consecutive cancers are 0.83% and 0.31% respectively. All together the detection rate of double cancer was 1.14%. To gain the general conception of double cancers the authors reviewed the autopsy registry of Japanese Society of Pathology during the four years from 2000 through 2003, and tabulated the combination of primary and second cancers. Frequently found combination of cancers were cancers of the thyroid, lung, stomach, liver, biliary tract, colon, rectum, and prostate. 18F-FDG PET/CT examination seems to be very useful in the management of cancer patients in terms of whole patient care.
Publisher: The Fukushima Society of Medical Science
Publisher (Alternative foam): 福島医学会
language: eng
URI: http://ir.fmu.ac.jp/dspace/handle/123456789/215
Full text URL: http://ir.fmu.ac.jp/dspace/bitstream/123456789/215/1/FksmJMedSci_53_p109.pdf
ISSN: 0016-2590
DOI: 10.5387/fms.53.109
PubMed ID: 18402290
Related Page: https://doi.org/10.5387/fms.53.109
Rights: © 2007 The Fukushima Society of Medical Science
Appears in Collections:Vol.53 (2007)

Files in This Item:

File Description SizeFormat
FksmJMedSci_53_p109.pdf1.01 MBAdobe PDFDownload

Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.


DSpace Software Copyright © 2002-2007 MIT and Hewlett-Packard